Iain DeJong’s Presentation Materials
Iain de Jong’s presentation from last month’s Balance of State Quarterly meeting in Madison is available. It can be found at: https://app.box.com/s/0dxn3j4hyi7v1ah37u3k
His organization is called Org Code Consulting and that website is: http://www.orgcode.com/
National Alliance to End Homelessness & HUD Recently Released Materials
(1) Closing the Gap: Integrating Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence Experiencing
Homelessness – A Toolkit for Transitional Housing Programs http:// www.familyhomelessness.org/media/371.pdf
(2) The State of Homelessness in America 2014 http://www.endhomelessness.org/library/entry/the-state-of-homelessness-2014
(3) HUD sent out the link to the following New York Times article, “The Push to End Chronic Homelessness is Working.”
Point In Time Trainings NOW AVAILABLE
Please register for the following trainings at:
June 25th - Point In Time Planning and Implementation
The Point in Time Planning and Implementation training is designed for people who are new to the Point in Time Process. The training will highlight helpful elements for PIT execution as described in the Wisconsin and HUD PIT Manual and include the perspectives of experienced PIT Leaders in Wisconsin.
July 10th - How to Manage the HIC & Collect Data for the PIT
This training provides an overview of what data needs to be collected for WISP and non-WISP Providers for the Point-in-Time (PIT). Specifically, we will cover the Housing Inventory Chart (HIC) – how to update beds/units as well as record PIT data. For WISP providers, we will discuss which reports should be run to obtain the various information and how to read each of those reports. Finally for non-WISP providers, we will talk about the non-WISP PIT form that is required to be completed.
Other Upcoming Trainings:
- June 19th - ART Basic Training.
- The “how to” run ART report training.
- June 23th – VI SPDAT
- An overview on the experience of administering the VI-SPDAT in WI. There is a prerequisite on your own time.
- June 24th & 25th - How to Fix your Stuff – both Entry/Exit based training & Service Transaction
- These trainings are designed to help WISP users with correcting errors related to their data entry. This will include common mistakes & an opportunity to ask questions.