In this Issue
- Welcome Jack Kukuk
- Updated PATH Guide
- Attention Milwaukee Providers
- New Data Standards 10.1.16 - Required Training for All Users
- Important: Household Data Sharing Assessment Change
- Updated Assessments: WI UDE Entry Assessment and the WI VA SSVF Entry Assessment
Welcome Jack Kukuk!
Jack Kukuk is the new data analyst for Wisconsin Jack comes to ICA from Pathfinders in Milwaukee where he worked for 7 years as a data specialist. At Pathfinders, Jack had a lot of experience working on the user side of ServicePoint. He looks forward to learning all of the secrets that "the other side" holds! He'll be working closely with Jesse Dirkman, building and troubleshooting reports and other data for Wisconsin.
Updated PATH Guide
As discussed during the PATH training on September 28, 2016, we have updated the PATH how-to guide to meet the 2016 HMIS data standards. Changes include updated crosswalks for services and referrals, and updated instructions about when you need to enter service transactions for participants. The guide now includes the requirement for PATH programs to document every outreach contact made with a participant on the outreach sub-assessment. This is not a new requirement, but was not included in the previous version of the how-to guide.
Attention Milwaukee Providers
This is a reminder all AHAR Data Clean up should be completed no later than October 15, 2016. All Emergency Shelters, Transitional Housing as well as Permanent Housing Programs are required to complete.
- The Veteran Registry Taskforce has resumed meeting. Please have all veteran housing updates, provided on the Google spreadsheet, completed every Tuesday. If you have not received the link, please contact Nancy.email@example.com.
- The Housing Inventory Chart link has been sent out, please complete no later than Wednesday October 19, 2016.
- For the purposes of the Chronic Homeless Initiative, please verify client’s length ofhomelessness data against documentation of Entry/Exits, ShelterPoint stays and Service Transactions. If you are unsure on how to document, please contact the Milwaukee staff (Nancy or Zach) for assistance.
- Please continue to complete the VISPDAT for clients entering Emergency Shelter, PATH programs as well as Street Outreach Programs. The group will revisit the issues during the next HMIS Workgroup Meeting which is scheduled for Wednesday November 2, 2016 from 11am to 1pm at United Way (325 W. Vine Street).
New Data Standards 10.1.16 - Required Training for All Users
If you haven't attended the 501: New Data Standards training - you need to! Information regarding the training went out via WISPNews and the training was held last Monday. Regardless of funding type and even if you are not funded by anyone to use the system, you are required to comply with the New Data Standards and view the recorded training if you haven't already. The assessments are different and have been updated for every program type in the system. The recorded training can be found on our website www.icalliances.org/wi-recordings. There are additional trainings for RHY, PATH, SSVF and VASH that go into further detail about the additional program specific data elements changes. Any questions - email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Household Data Sharing Assessment Change
The Household Data Function no longer includes the 3.917 Residence Prior to Project Questions. These fields are only required for Adults and Heads of Households. Users must update these individually for each Adult and Head of Household. It is not required for children in the household.
Updated Assessments: WI UDE Assessment and the WI VA SSVF Entry Assessment
The WI UDE Entry (formerly the HUD CoC and ESG) and the WI VA SSVF Assessments have been updated to include Section Headers to more easily identify data entry requirements. This change has been made in light of the Household Data Sharing assessment changes. Contact your HMIS System Administrator with questions.