In this Issue
- ICA's Point in Time LIVE Tool
- Upcoming Trainings
- Milwaukee Provider Updates
- Tips and Tricks
ICA's Point in Time LIVE Tool
Want to spend less time adding up all of those paper surveys after the Point in Time count? ICA has developed a free tool to help! With the PIT LIVE Tool, you can:
- Auto-populate the forms that you need to submit to the CoC Director. It does the math for you!
- Automatically check for duplicate survey responses
- Use wifi or data to complete an electronic version of the PIT survey – no paper needed
- Use the tool after the count to record individual surveys and simplify the aggregation process
This web-based tool is powered by Google Forms and Google Sheets. (In previous years, it was referred to as “the Google tool.”) Click here to watch a quick (4 minute) video about the tool. If your CoC is interested in exploring this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for notifying ICA that your community would like to use the tool is Thursday, December 22nd. The deadline for revisions will be Friday, January 6th.
Looking to fulfill your last ServicePoint or ART Training Requirement? ICA staff will be holding two upcoming webinars that would satisfy 1 training requirement per webinar.
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:00AM to 11:30AM 106: Intro to Interim Reviews (Understanding the Sub-assessments)
- Registration link:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5061247015273297924
- Friday, December 16, 2016 10:00AM to 11:30AM-301: ART Basic Training
- Registration link:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6010580747857963268
Milwaukee Provider Updates
- On Wednesday December 7, 2016, during the HMIS Workgroup Meeting, all agencies will have been trained on the new referral housing process for clients. In order to refer clients to a permanent housing program, a VISPDAT, TAY VISPDAT or a VIFSPDAT will need to be completed as well as a referral to one of the following providers. This will be the only way to guarantee that your clients are placed on the Housing Prioritization List. Providers required to complete this process: Emergency Shelters, Street Outreach, PATH programs, Safe Havens, Transitional Housing Programs, etc. Rapid Re-housing and Permanent Housing programs are the only providers excluded from this process.
- Milwaukee CoC Housing Prioritization – Singles (Anyone that is a single person and over 25 years old)
- Milwaukee CoC Housing Prioritization – Families (A household with more than one person and the HoH is 25 and over)
- Milwaukee CoC Housing Prioritization – Youth Singles (Anyone that is a single person and 24 and under)
- Milwaukee CoC Housing Prioritization – Youth Families (A household with more than one person and the HoH is 24 and under)
- City ESG-CAPER
- City ESG grants end on 12/31/2016. Please make sure your data is completed and entered into ServicePoint no later than January 5, 2017. All corrections, including making sure ShelterPoint and Entry/Exits match, must be completed no later than February 11, 2017.
- The Chronic Homeless Initiative has started their work with housing the Chronically Homeless clients in the system. Please make sure you are following the HUD CH flowchart and are accurately documenting chronic status for clients. Bi-weekly updates will be required for the chronic clients…Stay Tuned for further details.
- Point in Time will be held Wednesday January 25, 2017 beginning at 7pm and ending at 7am on Thursday. The PIT Sign up Genius Volunteer recruitment list will be released next week. We will need volunteers for the warming rooms, Post 7day locations and Data Jam. All volunteers will be required to attend the volunteer training webinar which will be held on January 11, 2017 from 11am to 1pm. Pleaser register by following the link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6171939576770663939
Cathedral Center Overflow Emergency Shelter(9288)
Cathedral Center Rapid Re-Housing Program(9104)
Community Advocates Autumn West Permanent Housing(8698)
Community Advocates Rapid Re-Housing Program(9155)
CVI Milwaukee Vets Manor(8891)
CVI Milwaukee VETS Place Central SRO Permanent Housing(7709)
CVI Milwaukee Vets Place North SRO Permanent Housing(8889)
Guest House of Milwaukee Capuchin Apartments(8900)
Guest House of Milwaukee HomeLinc IV PSH(9520)
Guest House of Milwaukee HomeLinc V PSH(9622)
Guest House of Milwaukee Rapid Re-housing Financial Assistance(8972)
Hope House of Milwaukee Johnston Center Mercy CH(8822)
Hope House of Milwaukee Rapid Re-Housing(9145)
Hope House of Milwaukee Safe Landing RRH(9482)
La Causa, Inc.(1238)
Meta House Bremen TH 1(7541)
Milwaukee County Heartland Housing(8881)
Milwaukee County Housing First Initiative Outreach(9856)
Milwaukee County Pathways Safe Haven Program(9945)
Outreach Community Health Center Family Abodes Program(8736)
Pathfinders RHY My Home Permanent Housing Supportive Services(10048)
Pathfinders RHY Section 8 Permanent Housing Supportive Services(10021)
SET Ministries Project Restore Transitional(8407)
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee(1408)
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee - Homeless Prevention Services Financial Assistance(9748) The Salvation Army of Milwaukee - Rapid Re-housing Financial Assistance(9751)
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee - ROOTS(8696)
Tips and Tricks
Ever wonder what those magnifying glasses are in WISP?
The magnifying glass next to the Sub-Assessments opens to include all of the responses, current and historical, for each type. Each column is sortable by clicking on the title in blue.