As a reminder, CURRENT users and those with ART licenses have training requirements to fulfill throughout the year in order to maintain their license. Users may select the training that will best enhance their skills. For information on the training requirements for EVERY USER, please see the HMIS Policy and Procedure Manual on the Documents page.
Requirements for All Users
- Every User is required to have a separate Registration for Training Webinars
a. Register with an active (preferably work) email address. This email address will be used to send homework associated with the webinar attended.
- Every User is required to Log-In to each Training Webinar independently
a. In order to track user attendance most efficiently, each user is required to log-in independently from other co-workers who may be attending the same webinar.
i. Exceptions for log-in (not registration) may be made prior to attending a webinar by emailing email@example.com.
1. Exceptions will not be made after the webinar has started.
- Each training only counts once.
a. This means that if you attend the “Refresher Course” multiple times, for example, it only counts as one of the two required trainings.
b. If a training is marked as both User and ART, it will count once for each requirement.
i. This means that a user with an ART license would have met one user training requirement and one ART training requirement by attending that one training.
Requirements for New User Training
- All new users must turn in homework from each session in a timely manner.
- Any new users not successfully completing the new user training within one month of attending their sessions will be required to re-take
the new user training series.
a. If there is a scheduling issue the following exception, with prior approval from HMIS team, may be made:
i. New users may take sessions within 2 consecutive months with prior approval
System requirements for all webinars
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server