WISP User Agreement
WISP USER POLICY, RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT & CODE OF ETHICS
The Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is a collaborative project of the four Wisconsin Continua of Care (CoC) – Balance of State, City of Madison/Dane County, Milwaukee City/County, and Racine City/County – the HMIS Lead Agency, and participating Partner Agencies. HMIS is an internet-based data collection application designed to capture information about the numbers, characteristics and needs of homeless persons and those at risk of homelessness over time.
The specific responsibilities of Wisconsin HMIS users are listed in Section 2.1 of the HMIS Policies and Procedures. Additionally, users must abide by all other provisions of the HMIS Policies and Procedures Manual. This manual and its attachments document HMIS privacy, security and data standards, and requirements for data entry. If a user has a client account in the HMIS, the user is prohibited from editing their own file. Users are prohibited from editing the HMIS accounts of their immediate family members.
USER CODE OF ETHICS
Users must ensure that their clients are made aware that their personally identifying information will be entered into the Wisconsin HMIS. Partner Agencies may require clients to provide explicit or implicit client consent. Users must follow the consent requirements of their Partner Agency. Users must allow their clients to decide what personally identifying information, if any, can be entered into the HMIS and shared with Partner Agencies. Client consent may be revoked by that client at any time by a written notice. * No client may be denied services for failure to provide consent to share HMIS data. * Clients have a right to inspect, copy and request changes in their HMIS records.
HMIS USER RESOURCES
AFFIRM THE FOLLOWING
- I have read and will abide by all policies and procedures in Wisconsin HMIS Policies and Procedures Manual.
- I have received training from the HMIS Lead Agency on how to use the HMIS.
- I agree to the training requirements listed in the HMIS Policies and Procedures Manual.
- I will only collect, enter and extract data in the HMIS relevant to the delivery of services for the clients with whom I work.
- I agree to use the data within HMIS only for the purposes of service delivery
- I understand that my User ID and Password are for my use only and must not be shared with anyone.
- I agree to keep my HMIS user log-in and password secure.
- I agree to refrain from leaving my computer unattended while logged into the system and further agree to log out of the system before leaving my work area.
- I agree not to use the HMIS at a publicly accessible workstation.
- I agree to properly protect and store in a secure location client-specific hardcopy information printed from HMIS.
- I agree to notify my Agency Administrator, or HMIS System Administrator if my agency does not have an Agency Administrator, in the event I suspect that HMIS security has been compromised.
- I agree to notify my Agency Administrator, or HMIS System Administrator if my agency does not have an Agency Administrator, if I leave my current position.
- I agree to enter and maintain accurate information into the HMIS.